In Perugia, the church of San Bevignate is the largest temple church in Europe dating back to the period between 1256 and 1262, by the Knights Templar.
A symbolic place just outside the city walls: in the district of Porta Sole, near the monumental cemetery of Monteluce, is preserved almost perfectly intact what is considered an “exceptional testimony” from the architectural and iconographic point of view of the presence of the Order of the Temple.
The church of San Bevignate (http://turismo.comune.
CHURCH OF SAN BEVIGNATE PERUGIA
(Nearby the Frantoio Trampolini)